10.26.2010

SCARY.

Have I ever told you that I'm addicted to reality tv?
Well I am.
And these are two of the shows I watch:


It's scary.

Did you know that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
reports some 900,000 pregnancies occur each year among teen girls 15-19.

And, teen mothers account for 24% of unmarried moms?

AND, about 25% of teen girls who give birth
have another baby within two years.

Doesn't that just make you cringe?!?!?!

Yes, I got pregnant before I was married. I'll openly admit it.
But I wasn't a teen, I was 22 and pretty dependent.
And I was terrified.
I can't even imagine what it's like for these girls.

The other day while watching one of these shows
I looked over at Blythe and said,
"Please don't get pregnant before you're married."
And she looks back at me, and in the sweetest tone she says,
"Okay Mommy, I promise."

I'm holding her to it.

No comments: