1.27.2009

Did You Really Think I Didn't Know?

Today I am having a hysterectomy. I'm 26 years old and I'm being thrown into full blow menopause. My poor body has just had it, and I want my life back. 
So yesterday I went to the hospital to do the pre-admitting paperwork and have my blood drawn so they could match it at the blood bank. While I was signing papers, the pre-op nurse had me read a release telling me that I would be sterile after the surgery and they just wanted to make sure I was aware that I would be, quote, "forever and irivocibaly unable to bear children". Ok, do they really think I'm not aware of that? Reading that paper and having the nurse ask me if I was sure I understood, brought some major feelings back. 
It reminded me of when I had to sign my rights over before placing Viv. A bittersweet moment if I do say so myself. 
Anywho, so here I am getting ready to go to the hospital. I'm so scared, but relieved at the same time. And at this very moment, my greatest blessing is sitting in her high chair, singing to her Rice Chex. Such Sweet Bliss.

1 comment:

Heather said...

i can't even comprehend the emotions you are feeling right now...we hope everything goes smoothly for you and we'll be thinking about you!