1.29.2009

Reality to Recovery


I have known about this surgery for over a month but reality didn't hit me until the nurse led me into the dressing room and handed me a lovely paper gown and even more stunning thigh high socks to put on. 
I lost it. I cried like I had lost someone close to me. In a way I was. Being a mom is my whole identity. 
I cried in the waiting area, in the hallway, while I kissed Jameson goodbye, going down the hall, and moving onto the operating table. I stopped knowing it would be okay, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. it's been two days and i feel like i'm in someone else's body. trying to feel like myself again...

3 comments:

Joni said...

I hope your surgery went well and that it brings all the relief you need. Your daughter is beautiful! I'm sure you are a wonderful mom and she is so lucky to have you!

Heather said...

oh....Melissa! Hope your recovering well, and everytime you get down just look at that sweet baby girl of yours! take care and if you need anything....please....oh please let me know!

April said...

Melissa,
I'm just catching up on blogging and I hope you are doing okay. What rough times you are going through and at such a young age. My thoughts are with you as you recover from this rough surgery. I think the worst part will be getting your hormones back in check. Will you send me your mailing address so I can send you a little something to cheer you up?